Adopting a dog from MARS
Adopting a dog is a great opportunity to provide a rescue animal with a new lease on life. When you adopt from MARS you know that you have saved the life of an animal who will love you unconditionally. All necessary Vet work is provided so you can know that your new friend will be healthy and happy.
View all the dogs that are currently waiting for adoption below, if you would like to know more about a particular dog please contact the carer direct on the number provided. You will be able to arrange a viewing time and you are under no obligation to adopt after a viewing so please feel free to meet as many foster dogs as you like.
The Adoption Process
When you have found your new best friend, just provide your contact details to the carer and they will forward them to our dog coordinator who will get in touch with you to start finalising the adoption process. This will involve emailing you all the adoption paperwork, payment forms and arranging a yard check to ensure you can provide a suitable home for the dog you are adopting. Before finalising the adoption and the dog leaving MARS care, council registration must be obtained and the registration tag number provided to the dog coordinator.
Current Adoption Fees
Our dog adoption fees are inclusive of vaccinations up to the date of adoption, microchipping, desexing, worming, heartworm tested & health check.
- Males: $290
- Females: $350
Please note council registration costs is in addition to the adoption fees and paid directly to Mackay Regional Council.
Things to consider before adopting a dog from MARS
Adding a new member to your family is a big commitment and we encourage all potential adopters to think about the type of animal best suited to your lifestyle before viewings.
- Is your yard suitable in size for a small dog, medium dog or large?
- Is it securely fenced with no spaces for animals to escape?
- Do you have the time to walk and exercise the dog?
- Would a puppy or an older dog be more suited to your lifestyle?
- If adopting a puppy, are you prepared for how big they may grow depending on breed?
- Can you commit to additional costs for yearly vaccinations and vet visits?
- If renting, have you obtained permission from real estate/landlord to have a dog?
If you have any questions about the process of adopting a dog contact us now, you new best friend could be waiting.